Written by: Kimberly A. Wenner, MD
Want more time with fewer lines? Cascade Eye & Skin Centers is excited to carry DAXXIFY, the first and only peptide-powered, FDA-approved treatment for frown lines with a median duration of 6 months. In some lucky patients, DAXXIFY lasted for 9 months1-9*! Here are the details:
A More Modern Toxin
DAXXIFY has the same active ingredient and dose of botulinum toxin as other wrinkle relaxers, but the peptide makes the difference! It binds to the botulinum toxin and the nerve, preventing it from wearing away.
Thousands of patients have been treated safely and with minimal side effects. DAXXIFY has the same rare side effects as other toxins, including headache and very rare lid drooping.
DAXXIFY is vegan and has NO human-derived albumin (no human or animal by-products), and it is the only toxin on the market manufactured in California.
In addition to treating frown lines, DAXXIFY can shrink pores and improve skin texture, treat lines around the mouth and treat the masseters (responsible for some TMJ/teeth grinding).
DAXXIFY contains the same dose of active ingredient (botulinum toxin) as other wrinkle relaxers, but the units are different. Therefore, you will likely need 2x the DAXXIFY units as your usual BOTOX units. However, injecting twice as much BOTOX will not give you the same longevity.
While DAXXIFY can last twice as long as other toxins, it is not twice the price.
Experience DAXXIFY at Cascade Eye & Skin Centers
DAXXIFY is scheduled to launch nationwide in July, but Cascade Eye & Skin Centers is able to provide it early due to our partnership with Revance Aesthetics.
Undecided? Talk to us! We are proud to offer best-in-class products, devices and services to our patients, and we test all of our products on ourselves. There was a big line for DAXXIFY!
1. DAXXIFY®. Prescribing Information. Revance Therapeutics, Inc, 2022.
2. Fabi SG, Cohen JL, Green LJ, et al. DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection for the treatment of glabellar lines: efficacy results from SAKURA 3, a large, open-label, phase 3 safety study. Dermatol Surg. 2021;47(1):48-54.
3. BOTOX® Cosmetic. Prescribing Information. Allergan Inc; 2020.
4. XEOMIN®. Prescribing Information. Merz Pharmaceuticals GmbH; 2021.
5. DYSPORT®. Prescribing Information. Ipsen Biopharm Ltd; 2020.
6. JEUVEAU®. Prescribing Information. Evolus, Inc; 2020.
7. Carruthers JD, Fagien S, Joseph JH, et al. DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection for the treatment of glabellar lines: results from each of two multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 studies (SAKURA 1 and SAKURA 2). Plast Reconstr Surg. 2020;145(1):45-58.
8. Data on File. Protocols 1620301-303. Post Hoc Analysis. Newark, CA: Revance Therapeutics, Inc, 2021.
9. Bertucci V, Solish N, Kaufman-Janette J, et al. DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection has a prolonged duration of response in the treatment of glabellar lines: pooled data from two multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 studies (SAKURA 1 and SAKURA 2). J Am Acad Dermatol. 2020;82(4):838-845.
* *At least 50% of patients in SAKURA 1 and SAKURA 2 had none or mild frown lines for 24 weeks (6 months) and 23.9 weeks (6 months) or longer, respectively, per both investigator’s and patient’s assessments. 5% of patients in SAKURA 1 and 3% of patients in SAKURA 2 had none or mild frown lines at 9 months per investigator’s assessment. In SAKURA 1, SAKURA 2, and SAKURA 3 OLS Treatments 1 and 2, 7.5%, 5.4%, 17.4%, and 11.6% of patients, respectively, had not returned to baseline severity at 9 months per both investigator’s and patient’s assessments. 2,7,8