Benefits of Chemical Peels
Chemical peels expose fresh, healthy skin by removing the top layer of dead skin cells, leading to improved smoothness and texture. A series of chemical peels can:
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Brighten the skin
- Establish a more even skin tone
- Decrease discoloration
Types of Chemical Peels
Before beginning a chemical peel treatment, each patient will meet with one of our providers to determine which peel and products are right for them. After your detailed consultation, your provider may recommend one or more of the following chemical peels:
- Illuminize Peel: very superficial, a good starter peel for sensitive skin and those who do not want downtime.
- Vitalize Peel: contains resorcinol, lactic acid, salicylic acid, and retinoid acid.
- Rejuvenize Peel: a stronger peel that can cause more irritation.
- Glycolic Acid Peel: has various strengths depending on skin type and treatment goals; strength can be increased over time.
- Mandelic Peel: ideal for darker skin types and sensitive skin, has minimal downtime.
- Salicylic Acid Peel: recommended for acne.
- Jessner’s/TCA 20%: stronger peel for sunspots and fine lines, has 3-5 day recovery.
- Jessner’s TCA 20-40%: a medium depth peel with a 7-10 day recovery, valuable for deeper acne scars, photodamage, and fine lines. Equivalent to a laser resurfacing procedure and is done by a physician or PA.
- Pyruvic Peel: a great treatment option for acne-prone or oily skin, this peel may also decrease the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of premature aging while reducing the appearance of acne blemishes and pore size.