Prescription Optical invites you to live life
brilliantly. With a location in each of Cascade Eye & Skin Centers, P.C.'s six Tacoma, WA area locations locations, we offer the latest, customized, eyewear solutions to fit both lifestyle and lens technology needs. We offer hundreds of eyeglasses frames, including top brands like Gucci and Maui Jim, to choose from. Our team of experienced opticians pride themselves on assisting each patient in finding the perfect look and most comfortable fit.
Prescription Optical offers competitive pricing and accepts most major insurance types. We also offer a 25% discount on a second pair of complete frames and lenses, as well as fully participating in Cascade Eye & Skin Center, P.C.'s patient rewards program- Pinnacle Rewards
With so many lenses and lens materials available, how do you know which is the right fit for you?
Non-Glare, including Crizal®
- Protection against harmful Blue-Violet light from digital screens
- Protection from harmful UV rays
- Reduced glare and scratches
- Safer night driving
- Impact and scratch-resistant lenses for your child
- Improves contrast and visual clarity
- Reduces eyestrain
- Allows for true perception of colors
- Reduces reflections and eliminates glare
Transitions®, including Drivewear®, Vantage™ and Signature™
- Transitions lenses change color effortlessly, a complex formula of photochromic molecules make light, dark and every shade in between possible.
- Versatile lenses, designed to be worn all day long, outdoors and indoors
- Reduce eye fatigue and strain.
- Block 100% of UVA/UVB light.
- Chemistrie's magnetic lenses are custom made to fit any frame allowing a quick change of clips.
- Advanced magnetic lens-layering technology means a prescription frame can easily be transformed into polarized sunglasses, readers, 3D glasses or computer glasses with the click of a lens.
- Lightweight materials provide the benefits of an add-on lens without the weight of the standard clip-on.
Progressive and Custom Digital
- A wider field of vision
- Easy to get used to (higher adaptation rate)
- Easier focus
- Minimal distortion in side-to-side viewing
- Improved performance for today's digital environment
- Options available for a wide field of near viewing, either 5 or 10 feet
- Reduces back and neck strain
- Effectively alleviates Computer Vision Syndrome
- Designed to help people who require correction for one field of vision; farsightedness, nearsightedness, or astigmatism.
- Contain two or more lens powers to help you see objects at all distances after you lose the ability to naturally change the focus of your eyes due to age (presbyopia).
- Most commonly include a gradual change in power from the top half of the lens to the bottom.
- Special-purpose bifocal and trifocal lens options, including Double-D, are available often designed for computer use and for other tasks that require excellent intermediate and near vision.
1.67 and 1.74 High Index
- High index lenses are designed for prescriptions that are high with lens thickness posing an issue
- Extremely scratch resistant
- Strongest, safest lightest and thinest lens material available
- Most impact-resistant lens option, commonly used for children's safety and sports glasses.
Hard Resin (plastic)
- Most commonly used lens option
- Lighter than glass, but not as durable
- Scratch-resistant coating highly recommended
- Thin, lightweight and much more impact-resistant than regular plastic or glass lenses
- Composed of a urethane-based monomer and are made from a cast molding process similar to how regular plastic lenses are made, giving them the advantage of crisper optics than injection-molded polycarbonate lenses.
In addition to our multitude of lens and frames options, we also offer many convenient accessories including reading glasses, eyewear chains, eyewear cases and cleaning supplies.