We are currently seeking an ophthalmic assistant to work alongside our ophthalmologists and optometrists.
Ophthalmic assistants are cross-trained to perform administrative and clinical duties.
Quick overview:Administrative Duties (may include, but not limited to):
• Using computer applications
• Answering telephones
• Greeting patients
• Updating and filing patient medical records
• Scheduling appointments
• Arranging for laboratory and radiology services
Clinical Duties (may include, but not limited to):
• Interview patients and document ocular and medical histories.
• Perform a variety of routine tests using ophthalmic instruments that provide diagnostic information including, but not limited to, intraocular pressures, basic motility, visual fields, BAT tests, A-Scan ultrasonography and fundus photography.
• Assist the physician during diagnostic and minor surgical procedures, including instrumentation, sterile preparations and documentation.
• Administer topical medications or diagnostic drugs as required by the provider for testing or treatment.
• Prepare and position patient for diagnostic tests and procedures.
• Assist the physician with patient education pertaining to the treatment prescribed.
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Record patient charges for billing department.