Brazilian Butt Lift candidates are often seeking to:
- Enhance the curves of the lower body
- Reduce fat pockets in the hips, thighs, or abdomen while adding buttock fullness
- Provide a more youthful, proportionate shape between the upper and lower body
Dr. Tarak H. Patel will evaluate your current physical health and surgical goals at your personal Brazilian Butt Lift consultation. Together, you will devise a customized plan to achieve your desired outcome. Dr. Patel is dedicated to providing his patients with high quality, individualized care throughout the entire surgical process, beginning at the initial consultation.
Understanding your BBL Surgery
During the procedure, Dr. Patel will remove fat from the area where it is not wanted, usually in the abdomen or thighs, and place it into the buttocks. In essence, it is a combination of liposuction and buttock augmentation. The BBL procedure is designed to not only reshape the buttocks but also to re-contour the entire torso, including the abdomen, waist, and thighs.
A Brazilian Butt Lift involves three primary steps:
- Liposuction is initially used to gently harvest unwanted fat from a particular area of the body. Typically, it is removed from the hips, lower back, thighs, or abdomen.
- The extracted “donor” fat cells are then purified and prepared for transfer.
- Dr. Patel strategically injects the purified fat cells into the targeted areas of the buttocks to increase volume and improve the shape.
It is common for a portion of the injected fat to be rejected by the body, so Dr. Patel may initially inject a slightly greater amount of fat cells into the buttocks to achieve optimal results.
After your BBL surgery, Dr. Patel will discuss your recovery guidelines, which are designed to accelerate the healing process while minimizing patient discomfort. Following the procedure, patients should anticipate bruising, swelling, temporary loss of sensation, and pain, which can be managed with pain medications prescribed by Dr. Patel. It is recommended that BBL patients avoid sitting for as much as possible for 3-4 weeks. Dr. Patel will carefully monitor your recovery following the surgery and will be available to address any questions or concerns that you may have.