A COVID-19 update for our patients« Back
As we continue to monitor the rapidly evolving situation around the coronavirus (COVID-19), we have made the safety and health of our patients and staff our top priority. Effective today, March 19th, we will only be scheduling patients with acute conditions or those requiring uninterrupted care at our facilities.
With public safety in mind, we are eliminating elective and/or non-urgent procedures falling under the care of our optical, cosmetic and plastic surgery providers until further notice.
We recognize the inconvenience that this may cause and ask for your understanding and patience as we make the necessary safety adjustments. We are continuing to assess the situations and follow the guidelines put forth by the CDC and Washington State Department of Health.
If you have a scheduled visit with one of our medical providers, we will contact you with further information. Unless you are experiencing an urgent eye or skin health concern, please refrain from reaching out to our call center. We are adjusting our future appointment schedules and will not be scheduling future routine appointments at this time.
For our patients requiring continual care, please find comfort in the actions that we are taking to keep our patients and staff protected:
• Our teams are closely monitoring information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and federal, state and local agencies to help ensure the actions we're taking are in line with the latest recommendations and guidance. We are communicating regularly with our employees to keep them informed and to ensure their safety and that of our patients.
• Our team is conducting verbal health screenings for each person entering our buildings. If anyone is determined to be high risk or is showing overt signs or symptoms of the coronavirus they will be asked to reschedule their visit.
• In an effort to reduce contact, we are limiting the number of caregivers or family members accompanying patients to their appointments to one person.
• All of our patients have the option to provide their cell phone number to an employee and wait in their vehicle rather than in our waiting room before their scheduled visit. All patients waiting in the office will be asked to distance themselves 6 feet from others.
• Our physicians and staff are highly trained regarding safe and sterile protocols and are practicing these procedures with great care. Additionally, we are conducting enhanced cleaning in all of our facilities and have hand sanitizer available in all of our locations for both patients and staff
Your Cascade Eye & Skin Centers team