Bellafill® Dermal Filler
Bellafill® is an FDA approved dermal filler for the correction of moderate to severe acne scars and facial wrinkles known as nasolabial folds or smile lines. It is a unique, injectable collagen filler with microspheres that can instantly smooth facial wrinkles (nasolabial folds) for beautiful, natural-looking results that last. If you are ready to stop constantly filling and start replacing, Bellafill may be right for you.
You may see immediate results in wrinkle correction and can return to your normal daily activities after the procedure. Bellafill® contains lidocaine to lessen the discomfort from the procedure. With proper placement, Bellafill® cannot be felt after treatment. The collagen in Bellafill® provides immediate volume and lift while the microspheres create a matrix that supports collagen production in your skin over time. The microspheres are not absorbed by the body and provide a support matrix for lasting correction.
Bellafill® dermal filler may be used in the following treatment areas:
- Smile lines, also called nasolabial folds, which run from the sides of the nose to the corners of the mouth.
- Moderate to severe, atrophic, facial acne scars.
The Difference With Bellafill®
- Bellafill® replaces lost volume in the skin below the wrinkle for results that are immediate and lasting. The injectable gel is comprised of 80% purified collagen and 20% PMMA (polymethylmethacrylate) microspheres.
- Bellafill keeps on working - it is different. It restores rather than just fills for natural enduring results. In clinical studies, efficacy was observed out to 12 months.* (Primary efficacy endpoint was at 6 months)
- Bellafill® is an exceptional cosmetic treatment Bellafill® offers a new level of filler rejuvenation. In addition to immediately adding volume to smooth away facial wrinkles known as smile lines, Bellafill® helps your skin re-create its own firmer structure for beautiful, younger-looking skin and lasting results.
What to Expect
Treatment with Bellafill® is very similar to treatment with conventional injectable fillers. The main difference is that Bellafill® requires a skin test in the United States to identify those patients who may have an allergy to bovine collagen or lidocaine. Lidocaine is provided to minimize discomfort during injection.
Your skin test. A small amount of purified bovine collagen gel is injected in the forearm to ensure you have no adverse reactions to bovine collagen and/or lidocaine.
Four weeks later, if there have been no adverse reactions to the initial test, you are ready for treatment. Upon injection, you will usually see immediate improvement to lines and wrinkles. The amount of Bellafill® required will depend on the severity of the lines/wrinkles being addressed.
For additional information about Bellafill® visit their website here.